Monday, August 29, 2011

Helllllloooooo

Hello family!
 
Well, guess who has email in the MTC? Yup, we're the first ones to get it, so that's pretty exciting. So hopefully that means I'll be able to attach some pictures too. We'll see. Well, first of all I haven't received any mail if anyone has sent me anything. If no one has sent me anything then this is awkward. But speaking of firsts, guess how many missionaries we have at the MTC? 71. Yup. We're the biggest group they've ever had. There's about 19 of us going to Sierra Leone, and the rest are either staying in Ghana or going to one of the two missions in Nigeria. So yeah. We're super busy here all the time though. We are constantly in class and when we're not in class we're eating. And let me tell you, they give us a LOT of food. I've only cleared my plate once. The food itself is, well, interesting. Pretty much every single meal has some form of rice in it, although today we had pasta. Which was stinking delicious. We usually have some sort of fruit with the meal too. Which is always really really good. I don't really know what to say.. you'll have to ask me some questions. Umm I haven't played any football (yes, if feels good to call it that all the time) yet, but I've had plenty of good conversations with my Ghana friends here (US soccer fans, remember the last two world cups? yeah...). My companion here is Elder Nartey, who is from Ghana and is going to serve in Nigeria. He's awesome. Anyway, I'll just talk about the pictures since I have 4 minutes to send this.
 
So anyway, I have to go but email me back with any questions and I'll answer any that I can. Miss you!
 
Love,
Elder Stewart
 
 
(Hunty)
 
 The first picture is in the Atlanta airport where about 20 other Elders showed up.
 
The second was actually taken over Africa from the plane. The clouds looked crazy.
The third is with Elder Nartey outside the MTC, and guess what, I grew about 4 inches!
The fourth is Elder Nartey standing next to some of our taller companions. He's about 5 feet tall. Haha.

1 comment:

  1. my mom forwarded this email to me earlier today and I LOVE IT! He sounds so great (I know it's only been a few days, but he just seems HAPPY). Anyway. Keep the posts coming. Love 'em! And Love y'all too! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete