Monday, February 13, 2012

Excited Children, More Baptisms & "Football"

Hello people,

Well, everything is going well here, as always. I'm glad that no one is dead or injured. Except well, Savannah was sick. But I feel like she's sick at least every month. So I'm not too concerned. Sorry yeah?

Crazy to hear that Alexander is leaving now as well. I think I might have asked this already but what MTC is he going to? Is he going to the South Africa one? Continue to keep me updated on everything back on the home front.

This week was pretty interesting. Another big thing of the week was, baptism! Yeah, we had 5 more people baptized this past week and they are all pretty special people. Transfer news comes in a couple weeks so it'll be exciting to once again have some changes. I don't foresee myself going anywhere. Here are the pictures for the week:


Every Monday the two elders in Waterloo go there and have a Family Home Evening with a big group of people there. The church is not yet in this place so we're trying to get people excited about the gospel out there. As you can see, the children were very excited. Or maybe it was just because we had a camera. Either way it's all pretty exciting and it's pretty cool to be a missionary in a place where the church has never even been.


The baptism this past week! It was a nice service and everyone showed up to be confirmed the next day. The man we baptized was super cool because he overcame a major smoking addiction to see this day. There's so many miracles that happen in our life that people don't even notice.




 Right after finishing the baptism we noticed something laying on a nearby rock. Turns out it was a nice snake. Luckily it was dead already. I don't know how it died but it was pretty exciting to once again be reverted to my roots in good ole Louisiana.




 This morning we had a sweet football game again so here are some nice pictures. Woooooo.

Everything is going well and nothing too too crazy has happened. I hope you all have an awesome week!

Love,
Elder Stewart

PS- All you people who buy Toms and pay a ridiculous amount of money for them I want you to know I haven't seen a single pair on any tiny little African feet. So, take that how you want.

1 comment:

  1. that's too funny! Marty bought me a pair of Toms for my bday and I was wondering that exact same thing...sad! I'll have to do a little research and find out WHERE in Africa those shoes are supposedly going...:)

    ReplyDelete