Monday, February 6, 2012

Answers to Random Questions & Lots of Sweet Pictures

Hellooo

Hello again. Sounds like everything is going well back home. I don't have tons of time but I do have tons of pictures! Today we're going to help Elder Walker and Elder Inyang do a big Family Home Evening in a place where the church is yet to be. It'll be sweet. So I'll respond to your questions and then talk about the pictures.

Nothing crazy in testimony meeting. We usually have a constant line of people going up. This past one was actually super spiritual and sweet. We got a less active guy to come back to church and he bore his testimony about how he knew the church was true. It was really humbling. Elder Holland is coming on February 17,18, and 19. I think we're going to two of those days. One is only for missionaries and the other is for the public. The third day is for branch presidents and stuff. I've used very small moleskin, for the most part I don't have any blisters or anything. I've gotten used to all the walking we do. Haha. I can't believe I ever complained about walking to church from our house. It's SO CLOSE. We're very blessed. Haha. There actually is something very similar to Mardi Gras here. Except it's like the rated R version. Just look up what "debuls" are. What they wear reminds me a lot of people at Mardi Gras. We'll leave it at that. Nothing close to King Cake. People here don't like sweets very much.

We had a great week this week and I took lots of sweet pictures.
 Baptism! We combined with the Grafton Elders and had a very nice baptism.

 
We bought more jerseys and look like super hardcore Barca players... I might have bought 7 jerseys since I've been here... I feel like Lexi Hayob
 
 AC Milan... I'm actually a little embarrassed to be sending these home now. I promise we do missionary work.

 
 Seriously... we really do missionary work... it's not all about football.

 
 Exchange with Elder Taylor! As you can tell by the obnoxiously bright tie. Some of their investigators pulled that out of the river we do baptisms in. Pretty sweet.

 Another nice little snake picture.

 
 Sweet view. The smoke is from people burning trash.

 
 This monkey is name Shekul and he likes to eat mints. I want a pet monkey so bad. Man. It was the best experience of my life.

 
 He also likes to toilet when he gets nervous, as you can see by the pee and poo included in this picture.

 
 This little girl carries our clothes to a member's house to get them washed. I handwash certain clothes but not all. That would take way too long. So the member sends this girl to pick them up. As you can see the bag is twice the size of her. Ahaha.

 
And finally they walk away. We always pray they don't get robbed. That would be pretty unfortunate. That's right outside our compound.

Anyway, I hope everything is going well at home! Everything is going great here and I'm of course loving everything that happens. I'll talk to you all again next week!

Love,
Elder Stewart

No comments:

Post a Comment