Monday, January 30, 2012

Successful Baptisms & Zero Complaints

Hello my people,

Sounds like everything is going well. I enjoyed the last bit of that email very much. I didn't enjoy the part that involved LHS not doing well in soccer. Not cool. I'm glad to hear Savannah's team won their last two games though! Yeah, I actually realy wanted to film the African kids looking at that picture... but the situation just didn't seem to warrant pulling out a camera. That attracts a lot of attention.

Saturday was very good because we had baptisms! We ended up having two people instead of three because one girl's grandfather died and had to travel to Bo for the funeral. It was very understandable. The other two people were fine and both showed up! That's the first step to a successful baptism. Well actually we had to run to the lady's house and tell her to come because she got confused and thought the baptism was later, but she was happy to come. I have to tell you though, this baptism was by far my favorite one of mission. That tall man you see in the picture two people to the left of me is that same guy who is super smart and absolutely loves the gospel. I don't really want to go into great detail because it was a pretty special experience, but after that man was baptized he expressed such a great joy and happiness in being able to turn away from his life of sin and turning to Christ. I know we're not supposed to pick favorites, but he's definitely one of my favorite people I've been able to meet on mission. He has strengthened my own testimony so much, and has been a perfect example of the joy the gospel can bring to people's lives. I don't even know what to say to describe that joy. It was amazing to see the change in this man's life. The next Sunday they both showed up to Church on time and were both confirmed. We've been seeing a lot of miracles here and it would take a whole book to be able to talk about everything. I guess it's a good thing I keep my journal every day then right? Haha. Even then, there's so many things that I will miss in writing down.

Anyway, I hope everything else is going well. The work here is super sweet and I have zero complaints. The time has been going by way too fast. Keep me updated on everything that's going on! I miss and love you all!

Love,
Elder Stewart

No comments:

Post a Comment