Monday, January 23, 2012

Packages!, "Most beautiful one" & Great Investigators

 Some members of our district and some of the other Elders that were traveling to different areas. Oh, and I forgot- the new Elder's name is Elder Inyang. He's from Nigeria and so far has been pretty quiet. He seems like he's enjoying everything so far though. He's the third from the right.
 This fruit is called an apple. Which confuses me because they have normal apples here that they still call apples. It tasted pretty good though.
I love you all so much

Hello family,

YES. I got some packages. Four in fact. Man. It pretty much blew me away. Everyone in the apartment was extremely jealous. That's an understatement. I caught Elder Taylor sneaking in around midnight trying to steal a pack of Oreos from my package. Okay not really but last night he did try to duct tape a phone with an alarm set to go off at 1 in the morning to the bottom of the desk. But the packages I got were one from you, one from Breeann, one from Grandma Stewart, and one from Big Black and Clayton. Speaking of Big Black and Clayton- those pictures you guys sent... man. I miss you guys so much, haha. (They took pictures with a balloon head with curly hair wearing a t-shirt and shorts while they were doing things we would always do). I also really enjoyed all the pictures and the stinking sweet calendar. Especially our nice 90s family picture. I actually started carrying it around in my scriptures so I can make people here believe that's what people in America wear. Oh, and Dad, I want you to know that I showed that picture to some African children and they pointed to you and said "This one is the most beautiful." Just imagine that in a tiny child's voice with an African accent. Anyway, everyone thought the calendar was super sweet and thought that you all looked super fun. I told them it was true. I'm glad to have gotten some pictures from you people back home though. Turns out I wish I would have brought some. Ah well. I want everyone to know that I'm incredibly grateful and love everyone who writes me/sends packages. There are a lot of people who go their whole missions with nothing and I really appreciate all of the love people have shown to me back home. It really means more than you can imagine. I'll also do my best to write everyone back that writes me, but I can't make any promises. Sorry if that's super lame.

Momma, continue with the sweet movie list list. I'm going to have to find someone with lots of patience and a great love for movies to sit down and watch the entire list with me. It'll be great. Don't you worry about Malaria. I always take my pills and sleep under my net. And plus I probably won't tell you if I get it, so you have nothing to be worried about! Ahahaha I'm sure you hate that.

So we had a pretty good week this week. We have three people set for baptism this Saturday and they are some of the greatest people I've taught on my mission thus far. One of the girls was someone who originally told us she was in a philosophy class and didn't believe there was a God. Every time we would go see her she would always ask us tons of questions and always wanted to see it in the scriptures. This other man we are teaching is super great to teach because he understands perfect English and has electricity in his house. I think I might have talked about him before actually. But yeah, we taught him about temples the other day and he was amazed by how great of a blessing they are and how important family history is. This week I'm going to try and get my hands on a church DVD and we'll go and try and have family home evening with his family. He has such a strong love for his family and I'm really excited to see the difference in his life. Families are without a doubt ordained of God and I'm pretty excited to see all of you crazy people again. But of course I have no doubt that this is where I'm supposed to be right now and that I am doing the right thing. I constantly feel at peace with my future, even though I'm not 100% on anything that will be happening. Man, I hope I don't sound super preachy in my emails home. I'm still the same person I promise. I still get excited over childish things. Like Mario Kart (Thank you Clayton and Big Black). But then I guess there have been plenty of things that have changed. Anyway, I hope everything is going well back home. I love you and miss you all!

Love,
Elder Stewart

No comments:

Post a Comment