Monday, June 3, 2013

Back from the Dark Abyss, New/Old Companion & Falling Out of the Sky

Hello family!
 
Well, I have to say that there was a mighty a marvelous miracle that
occured this week. I got the Easter Package!!!!! Yeah. Can you believe
that? I couldn't. I thought the thing was lost into the dark abyss. So
needless to say, the nutella and pack of oreos were definitely
appreciated. And of course that 8gb memory card. I'll definitely be
doing my best to fill that thing up. Some other crazy news for the
week is that last Sunday we got transfer news. Sadly, my dear
companion Elder Wootton will be leaving me and is actually going to
Lewabu in Bo (my last area before this one). And the name of my new
companion is.... Elder Burton! Wait what? Did that name sound
familiar? Oh. I guess it's because I served with him for 3 months in
Lewabu. The good news though is that he was definitely one of if not
my favorite companion so I'm all giddy at the idea of us working
together again. It's definitely going to be lots of fun. Still no
return date. This last week was pretty nuts and we were busy going to
town running different errands and such so there wasn't too much
excitement that happened. One sweet thing though is just that we have
this super awesome guy getting ready to baptize this Saturday. He's a
social studies teacher and he's just one of those people that is just
so excited about everything we teach him. He never misses church and
he's been telling all his friends about it and we're hoping that he
can find some more people like himself for us to teach. One thing that
has been so amazing to me is the kind of people the Lord has been
preparing to help build up the branch here. Our branch president will
tell us about a calling that they need to fill and suddenly someone
will fall out of the sky and just be so prepared and ready to build
the church. We're thinking this teacher guy we're teaching will be a
branch mission leader, but we'll see what happens after the branch
president prays about it and seeks revelation. It's definitely been
fun to watch the growth of this branch and being able to be so
directly involved in their growth. We're playing them in soccer this
evening so we'll see how that goes. Hopefully everyone will come with
boku referrals for us. I definitely love the heck out of that sport. I
tell you. Anyway, I'm still keeping my journal up almost every day so
there are lots of stories to share there! I don't have too much time
this week but I love all of you and can't wait to hear from you next
week! Have fun at girls camp!
 
Love,
Elder Stewart
 
P.S. Happy Anniversary!!

No comments:

Post a Comment