Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Return Date! Broken Cameras & Farewell Pres. Roggia

Hello,

Yes, like you’ve already heard I finally have my return date. (August 8th). And I’ll
get to go to Europe! So that’s kind of cool I guess. As far as having
a girls camp here goes... yeah, there's nothing like that. The church
is too new. They're just barely wanting to start up young single
adults. They'll have a mutual activity like once every few months.
It's like there are attempts to do things but it's not becoming a
consistent thing. Small, small anyway. This last week was not very
exciting at all because I was barely in my area. I was walking around
with other Elders since my companion had gone to Bo, and Elder Burton
didn't come until last Sunday evening. One sweet thing though was that
we had a baptism. The picture is so crazy because out of the four
elders that were around we only had one camera that could take
pictures and it's lens was broken. So that's too bad. Another exciting
thing that happened this week was that President Roggia gave his final
farewell conference. It's weird knowing that I won't be seeing him and
Sister Roggia again before they leave. Because of where Waterloo is, I
won't see them again. He told us that we need to be strong, and
obedient. We need to focus on keeping all the rules of the mission and
don't do things that will drive the Spirit away or lead us to fail. If
we are obedient we will never fail. Also, Elder Dickson from the First
Quorum of the Seventy was there and he talked a lot about how we can
strengthen the branches we serve and how to work better with our
branch leaders. It was pretty sweet and it made me set a lot of goals
on ways I can improve working with them. We have a nice week this week
and I'm looking forward to finally focusing on my area and getting
work done. I'm so thankful for everything and I'll talk to you all
next week!

Love,
Elder Stewart

No comments:

Post a Comment