Monday, August 20, 2012

Birthdays, Service Projects & T-shirts from Home

Hello Family!

Glad to hear everything is going along smoothly! I've never been to the Games of Acadiana... people always talked about it but I never went. Sounds pretty cool though! Too bad I couldn't be there to see Ms. Hebert though. She was a nice lady. Haha. That 17 points of the true church thing I'll write it down and take a picture of it. Speaking of pictures, I'm on a computer that works so I'll just talk about a bunch of pictures! The week was pretty sweet and we've been meeting tons of cool people and have pretty much just been enjoying like nothing. Anyway, here are some pictures!
  We played football at the nice big district center in Bo. I scored lots of goals and our team never lost. It was pretty nice.
 The baptism from a couple weeks ago! Those people are super sweet and the guy standing next to me got to baptize his wife! Pretty cool.
 We had two birthdays, Elder Otubu from Ghana and Elder Richards turned 26 and 20. So I whipped out those plates and things you gave me and we had a big party for them
 As you can see we pretty much enjoyed like crazy and bought some cheap ice cream and little sweet debbie cake thing. You have no idea how much fun all that ice cream was for my stomach the next day (it's been awhile with the dairy products).
  Yup, that shirt is exactly what you think it is. A university of Louisiana shirt. And in tiny letters underneath the word "Louisiana" it says "Lafayette." I freaked out when I saw that shirt. So shout out to all my friends at UL. Africa knows you're there. This is the third picture of sweet shirts I've taken, and they've all been at the same house. I should just go through the guys dresser.
 All-African Service project! We "brushed" (did yardwork) for the local prison.
  Kenema District!
 Simbeck branch!
 This is what happens when you don't wash your hair.
Dinner! (but seriously. We'll kill it after we've fattened it up small.)
So everything has pretty much been going great here! Time is flying by and this week I'll hit one year! I miss and love you all!

Love,
Elder Stewart

No comments:

Post a Comment