Monday, August 27, 2012

One Year Mark & The Best Sunday Yet

Dear family,

So glad to hear the news! I guess Lafayette will just have to get used to us! I'm pretty grateful and can definitely see the hand of the Lord in it. The timing is pretty interesting! I can't believe the wedding is this Saturday! So soon. Hopefully the hurricane won't mess anything up. I'm definitely going to be expecting lots of pictures! I haven't gotten the tie yet and won't get it until September 12th because I'm so far away (sidenote- all you people who have been writing me letters, I promise I've been writing you back, it just takes an insanely long time for them to actually get sent out because I'm in the middle of nowhere). But I'll wear it and take a picture next to a calendar and just pretend. I'll even shine my shoes and wear my tailored shirt and pants (yup, I did that). It'll be sweet. Be safe in the hurricane! Don't let any runaway trampolines come and UFO themselves into the house. I'll be happy to hear how everything goes though!

This last week has been pretty good for me. We had another baptism and are pretty much just enjoying the work and having all kinds of sweet adventures (like killing that chicken). Tomorrow we planned a celebration for my one year so that'll be pretty nice. This last Sunday was pretty much the best Sunday I've had on mission because one, our candidate from baptism showed up on time (the sense of time here is pretty much nonexistent. When we plan to start our baptisms at 11 we tell everyone to be there by 10. Sometimes they're still late. So when church starts at 9 we usually have about 15 people in the building, 60+ by the end of sacrament meeting), and two, EIGHT people we recently started teaching showed up to church for the first time. It was pretty exciting. I mean we usually have around eight investigators at church, but they have usually been coming already and come like one at a time. But it was crazy! So many new faces, I was pretty excited. I definitely felt good because working so hard all week to see none of the people come to church stinks. So it was a nice one year gift. Sounds like this weekend was a pretty great one for everyone! I'm excited for all of you and can't wait to talk next week! Love you all!

Love,
Elder Stewart
  Our neighbor boy who likes to speak mende and be annoying. But we like him for it.
  A members fat little kid. But he's pretty sweet.
 Baptism!
Binaway! (Sorry, yeah?)

No comments:

Post a Comment