Monday, August 6, 2012

Football, Mission Music & Miracle for the Week

Hello people,

Glad to hear everyone is doing well. I too am having a very good time here in Kenema. Well, right now we're actually in Bo. We had a super P-day and so all of us in Kenema met some of the Elders here in Bo, played some football, ate some rice, and just had a good time together. I scored lots of goals, it was pretty sweet. Sounds like that dance was pretty sweet. Too bad Savannah wasn't the DJ when I was going to those dances. As far as things I could need, I'm doing pretty good. Obviously, I could also go for some sweet junk food, but on the whole I'm doing really great. I actually was thinking of trying to get some music sent to me. I'll ponder on it and maybe like the next time I send my flash drive home you can put some on it and send it back. The appropriate for mission kind of music obviously. Haha. I'm thinking some Explosions in the Sky would be pretty sweet for mission. Anyway, we'll work on that one. Breeann you look like you're just enjoying like nothing. My companion and I definitely felt you guys were mean for sending that picture of all that food. We both cried a little bit. I guess that was the reply to my delicious picture of rice and cassava leaf though. No problem. I'm wanting to believe that the tie will make it in time though. We get transfer news next Sunday so it means people will be passing over our way soon. So hopefully the package will arrive in time. I'm sorry there's no pictures today, I took some at the Super P-day but I don't have the cord. So next week.

Anyway, as I feel like I've said, everything has been going really great here. There was this one woman we contacted while we were at a recent converts house and she told us where she lived. The reason she had come to our recent converts house was to try and get him to give her some money that he owes her. So she wasn't exactly his friend. But we contacted her anyway. Haha. She ended up living CRAZY far away and we walked really far to find her house. She pretty much lives off in the middle of nowhere and we had to go down all these tiny little mud paths to lead to her house. When we got there we finally met her and sat down with her. She was doing a lady's hair when we came up so she only seemed to be half listening when we were there. Her brother showed up and started listening too. We taught them about the restoration of the gospel, invited them to church and left. We thought that she wasn't going to be serious because she didn't seem too interested. This past Sunday she was one of the first people to show up to church. Just as church was ending her brother came in and joined her. These people came SO FAR to get to church. I guess that something in what we said touched their hearts and gave them that desire to come and see what exactly we were talking about. We'll be trying to go and see them sometime this week, hopefully it will continue to go well! It just goes to show how we aren't the ones who do the sorting but the Lord is. It was definitely a miracle for the week.

Anyway, I'm glad to hear that the wedding craziness is going well and me too, I pray that the job hunting can cease! I love and miss you all! Talk to you next week!

Love,
Elder Stewart

No comments:

Post a Comment