Wednesday, September 7, 2011

AKWAABA!!!!

 
That's a greeting the Ghana people use. So since I live in Ghana right now I can use it.
 
Yes, things are quite the same here in the MTC. Honestly it's super boring but hopefully that will change when they let us out to go talk to people... which is in like a week. So that's painful. I have a tiny bit of time so i'll be quick! The chicken bones, don't worry I don't ever eat them. It was gross. The Africans all tell us that our teeth will become strong by eating them but that doesn't make any sense. As far as sending me things goes, the only thing I want is a power adapter for my camera! It would probably be best to send that to my mission. And that tropical storm- just tell Charlie to stop planking out by the hot tub and you guys will be just fine.
 
Anyway, I've been writing down random things in my planner to tell y'all about so let me tell you those right now!
 
So here in Ghana when people shake hands you do something different. You shake hands normally, but then instead of just letting go you slide your hands apart until your grabbing the other persons middle finger with you middle finger and thumb and then you both snap off each other. It's sweet. The Africans always make fun of us Americans because we all have soft hands. Speaking of soft hands, handwashing clothes SUCKS. It's going to be a long mission in that department. We've been playing lots of football lately and yes they have discovered that I'm not just a crappy American. So that is much much better. My friend Elder Wing was asked to pick a hymn to open our class and I told him to pick hymn 338. Look it up. We actually sang it. It was funny. At the temple I did confirmations and was a witness for the baptisms. The baptisms were in French. Okay now I'm going to depress everyone. So this one Elder here is from Sierra Leone and all he brought was a small bag with two shirts, shoes, a tie, and two pairs of pants. When he was 14 his home was attacked and only he and his aunt and sister got out. The people burned his house down with his family inside. It's so sad. And so that gives me a perfect opportunity to give away that extra suitcase that I definitely don't need. Yeah, the official word on the suitcase situation is that I can have one big suitcase, and one carry on (which will be my backpack) and that carry on can't weigh more than 11 pounds. I can't remember if it's 50 or 66 for the big one. So that leaves me with that other suitcase so I'm going to see if that one Elder wants to have it. Another depressing thing, about 3 or 4 Africans have told me that their one dream in life is to come to America. So feel very blessed.
 
Anyway, I'm out of time so I need to go! I wanted to send a video of my companion talking about eating "sweets," but I don't have the time. I love you all and miss you all!
 
 
PS if you are my friend please send my parents your address (to r22stu@hotmail.com) and have them email it to me because I have ZERO addresses and can't write to any of you! Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment