Thursday, September 8, 2011

Randon Thoughts & Lots of Pictures

So for some reason they decided to let us have another email day and since I pretty much said everything I wanted to, I'm just going to send a bunch of pictures! Also, a few random things I didn't have time to say last time: Every morning before me and my 3 other roommates go down to breakfast we say a prayer and guess what we do after the prayer? Yup, we all put our hands in the middle and do the little hand thing we do after our family prayer. Haha. We don't say anything though so it's kind of weird. But I dig it. Also we went to the temple yesterday. And saw a couple naked people walking around on the streets on our way over there. It was very uplifting. Anyway, the MTC is pretty boring (minus the football and temple trips) and I just want to get out to Sierra Leone! Here are some pictures!


 An African coke Ad
 This is the Ghana "White House" and it's called the Flagstaff house. I think they said it was illegal to take pictures of it because people think Americans are plotting something. Oh well.
 This is what's directly across the street from the Flagstaff house. Nice contrast isn't it?

 There's a big map of Africa in the hallway so we all pointed to our missions. Elder Liufau (the guy I found on facebook before my mission) is going to Liberia first, so that's why he's pointing at that.
 This is when black and white meet.
 This is the van we ride in. There are several rows. It gets really hot.
 This is the football field where happiness is born
 this is the guard house where the guard does cool poses.
 This is a "Hawker." Basically there's like a buttload of people that stand at busy intersections where the traffic stops and they walk up to your window and try and sell you random things like peanuts, DVDs, soccer balls, hangers, chips, bags of water, or paintings (seriously). I like to think of it as the African version of Wal-Mart.
 Peanut head
 Army guys run around with guns. It's pretty exciting. Don't worry Mom they're on our side.
This is my room. It's beautiful.

Hey just real quick I wanted to say that I still haven't got any real mail yet. Soooo it's taking longer than we though it would. Ha. If you want to just add that to the blog to tell anyone who was sending me mail that would be very special. Anyway, I just finished playing football and thought about that and remembered I forgot to explain one of the pictures from the last couple emails. The picture is the one with me and that white guy. His name is Elder Wing and he's the only other guy here who goes to BYU. We've become really good friends but sadly he's going to the Ghana Accra Mission so I won't see him anymore after the MTC. So sad. Anyway, how's everything going at home? Savannah crash the car yet? Is it still raining every day? We haven't had any rain yet. Haha. Anyway, I gotta go to dinner. Love y'all!
 

1 comment:

  1. I LO-OOOO-OVE this post!!!!! So fun. :) Lovin' all the pictures. thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete