Thursday, September 1, 2011

Sending Hunter a letter/package

Here are instructions straight from Hunter's facebook on how to send him letters and packages.  Make sure you write him lots of letters :) 


If you're wondering, I can only email my family, so if I communicate with anyone else back home, it'll have to be through the mail. So, if you want to be really awesome and send me a letter, here are two ways to send it to me (if you are wanting to send me a letter BETWEEN AUGUST. 25TH AND SEPTEMBER 13TH, you must do option number 2 and select "Ghana MTC -- FREE" as my mission instead of "Sierra Leone Freetown West Africa -- FREE" Thanks!):

#1

IMPORTANT! If you want to send me a handwritten letter you need to send it as pouch mail, NOT IN AN ENVELOPE. If this is not done right the letter will either be discarded or returned to you. Which would make me sad. Even though I'd have no idea it was on it's way. Follow these instructions:
• Lay the blank side of the single-sheet letter facing down with the writing facing you.
• Fold the top of the letter about one-third of the way down, and crease.
• Fold the bottom of the letter to the top of the first fold, and crease.
• Use two pieces of tape or two sticker tabs on the top to secure it, not more than one inch from each side, but do not seal the ends.
• Do not include any other item in the letter such as printed pictures, currency or medication, etc.
• In the top left corner, write the return address.
• Affix a stamp in the top right corner
• In the middle of the sheet, write:

Elder Hunter James Stewart
Sierra Leone Freetown Mission
POB 30150
Salt Lake City UT 84130-0150

Example picture here: http://www.ldschurchnews.com/media/photos/2007/17803.jpg

#2

This is a LOT more simple than the pouch mail, although handwritten letters are pretty cool...

1. Go to www.dearelder.com
2. On the home page you should see a drop down list that says "Select Mission"
3. Scroll through all the missions and select "Sierra Leone Freetown West Africa -- FREE"
4. Then click the button underneath that says "Write a Letter"
5. On the next page fill in your address in the spaces, and then put "Elder Hunter Stewart" in the other Section.
6. Underneath that there is a big box where you simply type up your letter and hit "Send Letter" when you're done!
-It's absolutely free and the people in Salt Lake will print our the letter, fold it up, and send it to me. So to you it would basically be like sending me an email. But if you hear back from me it will be a handwritten letter.



These two forms of letter sending are supposed to take about 10 days or so to reach their destination, so keep that in mind and DATE your letters!

If you want to send me a package (which would pretty much make me love you forever), send it to this address:

Elder Hunter James Stewart
Sierra Leone Freetown Mission
#181 Pademba Rd
Belliar Park, Dwarzak Farm
Freetown
Sierra Leone
Phone: 232 765-41524

Yes, you need to include the Phone number.
Packages usually take a little over a month to arrive.
I hear that packages get broken into a lot on their way over, so don't put anything too valuable in them.
I also heard that if you put religious words and stuff on the outside they won't get broken into... because African's are superstitious and don't want to mess with something with God. So I guess maybe try that.

No comments:

Post a Comment