Monday, March 19, 2012

Coca-Cola World, A Broken Down Car & Almost in America

Hi

Unfortunately no, there was not any "rain" this week. But as we were walking down the road there were plenty of "waterfalls" we passed by. It's natural. I'm glad the chickens were revived. I plan to enjoy that
viewing experience very much when the time comes. We haven't seen any snakes since I came here. Well there was one in our compound the day I arrived in Hill Station. But it slithered away and wasn't very big. So not that exciting.

So I want Wayne to know that I received the package! Thank you very much. I'm pretty excited to try and make that pizza. Man, I haven't had pizza in eons. They definitely don't have that stuff sitting around in the open here. It's pretty nice getting stuff so quick though. My next area will probably be in Liberia just because I said that. If there's anything I want I would say those flosser things. Hygiene is crucial to becoming a healthy growing boy! I guess I should probably be over the whole growing boy thing. So that means I'm just going to let myself get fat. No problem. Oh, also is it possible to send a picture of my tshirt blanket? There's one missionary who's getting ready to go home and we got talking about it and he was curious as to what it looked like and if it would be possible for him to make one. So yeah.

This week was a pretty good one. Something I've realized that's very different about me since I've come on my mission is my amount of soda intake. Yeah. Like I probably drink on average one soda a day. I don't know what it is. People here love the stuff, and in turn, we end up drinking a lot. Also the coca cola bottling factory is like 50 yards down the road from our compound. No, it's not like Coca-Cola world in Vegas. It's just an industrial factory where they bottle the drinks.  Not exciting. There is a big picture of a Coca Cola bottle though? So I guess to some people that might be exciting. If you're into that kind of stuff.

Anyway, I forgot to mention that we had fast and testimony meeting two Sundays ago and nothing exciting happened. Except the woman who stood up and passed out in the aisle. That was kind of crazy. This past Sunday was super sweet though. Well first of all we had a baptism the Saturday before. Which is always super good. At church I was a little frustrated because there were some people that didn't show up to church that I could have sworn would come. Especially because they told us there would be nothing stopping them from going. So it was a bit frustrating. But during Investigator class the door opened and a man walked into the room and sat down next to me. Turns out it was a guy we had a met a couple weeks ago and he decided he was going to make good on our invitation! He brought his two little boys and was really excited to be there. They way we met him was kind of funny. We were way on one side of our area in a place called Regent teaching this one lady. Suddenly this guy comes and sits down by us. We asked him if he knew the woman. He laughed and said no and just sat there.  After we talked to him a bit he said his car had broken down and he saw us sitting there. He wanted to see what we were doing and so he said God directed him to come meet with us. So there he was. It was kind of funny how that worked out. After church we went and found his house and are now teaching 3 of his siblings as well. His sister is blind so it was an interesting discussion. His mother was there as well but she doesn't speak any Krio, only Mende. So I could talk to her small small. So far I've learned at least a couple phrases in Krio, Mende, Limbah, and Timne. So boku boku languages dae ya. So it's pretty cool. After there the American family in our branch had invited us to dinner so we went there and ate some stinking delicious food and had LEMON CREAM PIE for desert. Yeah. It blew my mind. I felt like I was in America for a while. It was weird. Anyway, it's been a very fulfilling week for sure. Until next time folks,

Love,
Elder Stewart

 I walked out of our apartment's front door and this massive group of
children started screaming and waving at me when they saw me. So I
took a picture. And a video. It was pretty crazy.


 Baptism!

1 comment:

  1. Um, could someone translate that first paragraph for me? What is he talking about???? ;)
    Grandma Vegas has the t-shirt blanket at her house.

    ReplyDelete