Monday, March 5, 2012

Rock Climbing & Exhausting Meetings


Hellooooooo

Well everything here is great of course. Sorry I kind of slacked on pictures this week, but this one is one I got overlooking the main city of Freetown. If you look down the mountain you can see a place that looks like a big patch of dirt. The mission office is really close to there. So as you can see we walk pretty far to get into our area. Ha just kidding, we take transport. But once we're in our area we do plenty of walking. Of course.

Sounds like everything is going well back home.  It's funny that you mentioned me learning cooking skills at BYU. It was more of a throw instant pasta into a pot and boil it. I guess we can call that cooking right? Speaking of food, I have been told that the American family can feed the missionaries from time to time. And the food is American! So I'm waiting for that day. Too bad the Patterson's aren't still here all the same though. I'm always okay with food someone wants to cook for me! Haha.

I'm glad to hear everything is the same in Lafayette Ward. I would be worried if anything came out different. Oh, two things- I wrote Big Black a small letter but I need his address. Don't worry Clayton I wrote you one too. Also, I'm going to send a letter for Carson Teuscher to our house because I don't know how I'm supposed to send a letter to Brazil from here. So, don't get too excited when you see I wrote home. Sorry.

This week was a pretty good one as a whole. I've gotten a lot more used to the area and I've met plenty of people. The other day we were going to this one lady's house and we were half rock climbing half hiking to get to her house. This area is very close to the city but it's very mountainous so we are ALWAYS either going up or down hill.  I'm glad I played soccer my whole life. This past week we had district conference (which is equal to stake conference) and I can tell you that Church meetings have a whole different attitude when you're a missionary as compared to just a member. Whereas before Savannah and I would cross off names of people as they spoke, this time we were directing people to seats, running around trying to find extra chairs because the place filled up, counting how many people were there, trying to see how many of our investigators attended and pretty much doing lots and lots of missionary work. It's pretty exhausting but it definitely makes a difference. It also makes me appreciate how well organized our church is. Man there is so much coordination and planning that has to take place for the meetings and everything to go smoothly. I've learned an insane amount about how the church is organized and run, and all it's done is really strengthen my testimony of everything. Man the church is totally the same as in Jesus Christ's time. So cool. Anyway, it was a good week and the next week should be just as good or even better! Keep me updated on everything! I love you and miss you all.

Love,
Elder Stewart

No comments:

Post a Comment