Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Going Soft, the Gospel Blesses Families & Look out for "Rain"

Hey,

I'm not dead don't worry. Yesterday we went to email and about half way through us sitting there the place lost power. So. That was unfortunate. By that time it was too late to find a new place to go so we went and bought tons of food for the week and luckily I'm in the mission office compound and they let me email here today. But I don't have tons of time because we still have to go proselyte today! This apartment is super different from my last one. If you look at the picture with all the missionaries and Elder Holland you can actually see it in the background. It has running water and electricity pretty much all the time. It's going to make me soft. There's 8 missionaries in the apartment though so it means it's pretty difficult to keep the kitchen nice and clean all the time. But I feel like we do a pretty good job.

It's definitely good to hear about how well everything is going back home. I'm glad people enjoy reading the blog too! Haha. I got the picture. It's still weird to see Savannah without braces. Oh and Payton and Jack, don't worry- you'll see your dad. I promise. Wayne- I haven't gotten any packages yet. But trust me I am always on the look out for those things. Haha. So thank you.

We had a baptism last weekend. So that of course was very exciting. I didn't really get to teach the man we baptized but I was able to know him small and he's super cool! His wife and son had been baptized so he was very excited to join them and for his whole family to be together. One thing we've been really focusing on is families. It's definitely the sweetest thing ever to see an entire family come together. The gospel blesses families!

So you see those two little kids in the first picture? Well first of all, the faces they are making are the result of us telling them to "show teeth and smile." But funny story, about 5 minutes before I took this picture we were talking to a man who was sitting near us. I looked over to the side just in time to see the kid peeing on his friend. Man it was so funny! The kid in the white shirt was just like standing there confused like he didn't know what was happening. I think it's because the kid was standing on the other side of a small wall and sending the rain over the top. Ah it was soooooo funny. His mom said she was going to flog him. I said he did a very fine thing. Then they came over and we took a video of him spelling words. It was pretty hilarious. Don't worry, don't worry, the man we were sitting by was talking to us about the church and we got his name and number. So we were still doing missionary work. It was so funny though. Anyway. I guess that's my spiritual thought for the week.

Glad to hear everyone is doing so well. Time to go out and climb mountains and endure the hottest month of the year. Talk to you next week!

Love,
Elder Stewart
 





 

1 comment: