Monday, June 4, 2012

Dirt Roads, City Living & An Area Seventy

Helloooooo

Well another week has passed by. Everything is going well of course.  Sounds like Girl's Camp was pretty stinking successful. A trip to the ER and everything! Wow! Haha. Oh! Man I'm so excited to hear that Carson sent a letter! I'm thinking that maybe you guys can scan it and send it and then just throw it in the package anyway. I'm pretty excited to hear about how he's doing. I miss that guy! Anyway, I also hope the Zumba instructing goes well tomorrow. Sounds pretty exciting.  So when you finally do look at those pictures I want to hear which one is y'all's favorite. I hope that there are actually pictures on it.  Haha.

So this week was pretty busy. Nothing too out of the ordinary. Well, nothing that is out of the ordinary to me anyway. Haha. My companion often points things out that I don't even think about anymore. There's a paved road right outside the mission office compound and it was always full of potholes. Yesterday they tore the whole road up so now it's just dirt and mud. When we walked out today I turned to him and said, "Man it's so satisfying to be walking down a dirt road when you leave the apartment isn't it?" He was just like, "Oh, I was actually wondering when they were going to finally pave it over again... I guess I'm still in America mode." Haha, it was kind of funny. Living in a house in the middle of nowhere was pretty exciting. But it has still been pretty cool to see what it's like to serve in the "city."  Something that was kind of exciting that happened this week was that we were planning to go see one of our investigators but were unable to get in touch with him the night before because his phone was off. So we decided to just swing by his place the next day. When we arrived at his shop where he sells he had someone else sitting there with him. At first I was like, "ah man he looks busy so we won't be able to sit down with him." As we walked up I looked at the man who was sitting with him and it turned out that it was one of the Area Seventies named Elder Mensah. Haha. So that was kind of exciting. He's the contractor for the new chapel they're building near there so he sat down and was talking with our investigator. Unfortunately, we didn't get to teach a proper lesson with him there helping us, but he did start talking to him all about the church and the gospel and it was pretty cool to see him bearing testimony about how it's blessed his life. It was a surprise and I hope that it helped the man to feel the Spirit and have a desire to know more about the gospel. We'll see. Anyway, it was a busy week and we're excited for next week! I hope everyone will continue to do well and feel free to send me any pictures you want! I love you all and will talk to you next week!

Love,
Elder Stewart





This is an old picture but it's a cute little kid. So. Enjoy the cuteness.

P.S. If you wanted to add pop tarts or anything else in that kind of junk food category to the package I wouldn't mind... and I think I said cajun seasonings the last time... You can also send pictures in it... or any kind of food you can make easily with water and other basic ingredients... some quality toothbrushes and toothpaste wouldn't be too bad either... you can get them here but it's just expensive. Man I sound so needy now. Okay well, I can't think of anything else. So thankssssssssssss.

No comments:

Post a Comment