Monday, June 11, 2012

Junk Food, Elder Curtis & It's so simple!

Hello family!

First off, I jumped out of my chair and hugged the Grecian man sitting next to me when I saw Breeann was getting married. Okay not really, but it was pretty exciting. Second of all, I needed to get a hair cut so we went to try out this new internet cafe some other missionaries go to and the place disabled all their USB ports so no pictures this week. Sorryyyy. I hope the flash drive will suffice. Don't worry, my foot has been healed in every way since that picture has been taken. So don't stress. But seriously. I'm not just saying that because I don't want to tell my mom and have her worry. So yeah. That cut was actually from baptizing people in the river. They had some sharp rocks in there. I can't tell you how excited I am to receive those packages. There's something about rice every day that just kind of gets to you. Like only rice. No junk food nothing. I mean I guess that's actually probably a good thing. But you know. I'm still American, gotta have food that might kill me.

Well this week was a pretty good one. We checked out some cool places in our area and met lots of new people. Today will be kind of cool because Elder Curtis from the first Quorum of the Seventy will be coming to see us today. So that's exciting. They said we'll be able to get pictures too. So next week we'll be sure not to come to this cafe and I"ll send them. Oh, if you guys want to read Carson's letter it's cool. It's kind of neat to hear what's been going on in Brazil while I've been in Africa. He said he tried to mail me a letter direct but I haven't gotten anything yet so we'll see if that letter ever shows up. Haha.

This past week we met the mom of the branch mission leader of my old branch in Kossoh Town. It was pretty crazy. The entire family are members except for her, and she's just kind of living over on this side of Freetown alone with some small small children. We were asking about her family and she almost seemed proud of the fact that everyone in her family were members except for her. I don't know why that was such a great thing. One thing I don't know if I'll ever understand is why people don't understand the gospel. It's so simple! The gospel is so easy to understand- Have faith in Jesus Christ, repent of your sins, baptize, receive the gift of the Holy Ghost, and continue to keep the commandments of God until you die. That's the gospel we believe in and talk about. I think people can get these crazy ideas about what we believe in, but that's the basis of everything. It's okay though. Because it's cool to be able to sit down and talk to people and just get to share what you know and believe in. I wish I would have known that more before. It's just brings joy to be able to talk about things you know and love. Anyway, everything is going well. Glad to hear everything is going well back home as well! I'll talk to you all next week!

Love,
Elder Stewart

These are a few old pictures that Hunter sent us on his flashdrive that haven't been posted before.


Elder Stewart and Elder Symons


 Hunter on the futball field- nice grass


Some things never change!  Hunter was caught walking on our cinderblock wall when he was 3 years old!


Not sure what that fruit is called


Humans aren't the only ones who like bacon!  The rats got to this one :)

1 comment:

  1. awe, he's so sweet! I love how excited he is for Bree!!! :)

    ReplyDelete