Monday, June 25, 2012

Transfers & Lost Packages

Hello Family,

Glad to hear that everything has been so busy back home. I want to see the temple thingy you did in RS! Send a picture! Sounds like the Zumba is taking a nice role in your life there. I want you to know that yes, I did receive the two packages! So amazing to see such wonderfully junky food in there. I was pretty excited. It's too bad I haven't been able to have any of it yet...

So my big news for the week is that we received transfer news early and now I am in Kenema! Yup. This past Thursday they told me I was getting transferred to the Sembeck branch in Kenema and I would be leaving early Saturday morning. So Friday night I packed up all my stuff and Saturday morning I rode with President and Sister Roggia, and the Assistants to Bo and spent the rest of the day Saturday and Sunday with some of the Elders in Bo. Then this morning I was picked up by the Couple missionaries in Bo and was dropped off in Kenema this morning. So it has been a pretty eventful last couple of days. My new companion is named Elder Richards. He's an African American from Utah and he's HUGE. I'll send a picture next week. Oh and I'm the new District Leader in the Kenema too. It'll be a pretty fun learning experience. It's cool because Kenema is just out in the middle of nowhere. They have a little town area that we're in now. I'll get to see more of the area throughout this next week though. The branch is pretty new as it just split from another one, and it should be a lot of good work being done during my time here. I'm looking forward to everything that will go on here. Oh, and the packages you sent me are currently somewhere in Liberia. The way the did the transporting was weird. I left all my luggage in Freetown and they packed it up to go with the group heading to Liberia and they were going to drop it off as they passed. They dropped off my stuff at a different apartment so I wasn't there when they unloaded my stuff to go into the car going to Kenema. So, long story short I got everything here except a big box filled with amazing and delicious American food. I've been trying to contact the people in Liberia but it's been having problems. So hopefully I can tell them and I'll get everything back. I'll be pretty upset if I don't... I didn't even eat an Oreo yet. Man! We'll see though. Anyway, everything else is going good and I'm excited to get to work here! Keep me updated on everything going on! Mail pretty much only comes here once a month! Talk to you all next week!

Love,
Elder Stewart

 This is the amazing lady from the last email! I was sad I won't be able to be there for her baptism but it's okay. I'm just happy it's happening!

No comments:

Post a Comment