Monday, July 2, 2012

More Responsibilities, The Plan of Salvation & Mende

Hellooooo
So, I haven't gotten my package or my pillow yet. But that's because no one has traveled into our area in all this time. They have been found and secured though. So no worries. There's a brand new missionary coming to our district this Thursday so I should get them all by then. Oh I will be so very happy to see them again. I tell you. The whole district thing has been pretty interesting so far. I'm enjoying it though. More responsibilities and I have to give instruction every week, but it's definitely a good learning experience. Ask Dad for more info if you want. The new companion is sweet! He's a really good guy and he's pretty new on mission. He's been out for three months but is still excited and happy to be here. So I'm really looking forward to our companionship. He also has a lot of peanut butter under his bed. Haha. To see how huge he is- I'll show you the picture. My area is super sweet. It's way more bush and we spend long amounts of time walking through fields to reach little clay houses. It's pretty great. The branch is pretty brand new too so I'm very excited to work with them.

Sounds like you and Dad had a pretty sweet time in Texas, I'm glad that you guys still ride all the crazy rides. That brings joy to my now old soul. If we're still living around there when I get home it'll be cool to go see some of that stuff! I definitely wouldn't mind doing any of that stuff. Sounds like my seesters are doing well too. Should be a family fun wedding adventure. Woo.

Well, my week this week has been pretty good. It's been about 10 days now since I last went proselyting with only one companion, because of the location of our area and the time it takes to move everyone around, we've been grouped in threes. It's pretty fun though. I'm excited to have a new missionary in our apartment and it'll be pretty cool to see someone else having to train someone. I like training but, twice is pretty solid for me. We went into one of the other Elder's areas to proselyte yesterday and it was pretty cool. His area is seriously straight farmland. It's so bushy. We took a bike out to this little village and saw some pretty cool people. We taught this big family about the Plan of Salvation and it was a really good lesson. We talked about how Adam and Eve didn't actually mess everything up for us but they actually kind of gave us the opportunity to have life and stuff. So it's actually pretty sweet. In this area everyone speaks a language called Mende. They can also speak Krio but they enjoy speaking Mende to everyone around them. Mende sounds absolutely nothing like Krio or English, so it's pretty interesting to hear it and try to understand what they're saying. I know how to greet and say small things in it but I defintiely can't speak it. That would seriously take a miracle to learn it that fast. Anyway. Everything is great, I'm enjoying my time, and I'm looking forward to receiving that package...again! I love all of you and can't wait to talk to you again!

Love,
Elder Stewart

Hunter had a shirt just like the one this guy is wearing when he was little!



I am assuming this is Hunter's new (HUGE) companion



 

1 comment:

  1. that last pose kills me! :)
    so I just had the thought that there really will only be 104ish posts on this blog. That doesn't seem like that many. I mean it is, but he will be home before we know it. Did you see that link I posted on Rich's FB about Elder Holland's visit? No video footage of Hunter, but what a sweet, amazing video! Loved it! He is going to be so sad to have to leave those great people.

    ReplyDelete