Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Turning 20, Packages & "Sweet" Baptisms

Wassuppppp

So- first answer- my birthday was AMAZING. I spent it preaching the gospel. That's it. Is that cliche? Haha. Nah it was good anyway. Pretty much just a normal day. I felt like I needed to go blow something up or light something on fire or shoot water balloons out of a launcher at unsuspecting people or do something to celebrate my last day as a teenager, but the opportunity never seemed to present itself. It's all good though. I plan on doing all those things until I die so no problem. I told a few people it was my birthday. The girl who lives next to us told me she was going to cook some food for me but she forgot. It's okay though because she said she would cook my pumpkin, which, by the way, is the best African food ever. I'm going to learn how to make it and I'll cook for everyone when the day comes.

Sounds like the wedding plans are going along just wonderful. Sounded like Devin was skipping around picking out color coordinating dresses and cute skirts for all the women to wear.... or not. I don't blame anyone, planning sounds well, very time consuming. I'm just glad that the girls are excited to do it. I did miss the 4th of July, I couldn't help but reflect on all the adventures I've had on that wonderful day. But I'm not worried. The babies will be seen again. I plan on carrying that tradition on with my children. Like, not using fireworks on my actual children but like the dolls..... okay.

I'm pretty jealous about you guys getting to go to Clark Lake. I love that place like crazy. It's so sweet. I will definitely go there again. Greet Grandma and Wayne for me! Oh, by the way I got their package as well as Clayton and Big Black and Jordyn's and the ones you guys sent returned with everything inside. Needless to say I've been feeling very American with my food habits lately.

I can't even describe to you how much I freaked out when I saw that Harry Otter shirt. Man. Everyone thought I was weird for wanting to take that picture and no one understood and a lot of people stopped walking in the road to stare at me but it was definitely worth it. Probably one of the best pictures ever. So the internet here is crazy expensive so I can't talk too much more but the area is super sweet. One of the pictures is in front of a rice field but it's sweet. I'll take some more and get some pictures around the apartment. This one is pretty nice. I'm still getting to know the area but there are some super sweet people here and we're looking forward to hopefully having 8 people baptized this Saturday! The work is sweet! I'll talk to you all next week!

Love,
Elder Stewart


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting! I'm a religious follower of the blog since coming home. Elder Stewart is awesome! Thanks for snippets of "home"!
    -Chris Vaughan

    ReplyDelete