Monday, July 23, 2012

Rainy Season, Goat Burgers & Happy People

Hellooooo family

Man you people are enjoying! The trip sounds so freaking sweet though.
I'm really jealous. Those pictures were very good. I especially liked
the one with DAD WATER SKIING. Man so awesome. I almost jumped up and
cheered. That new tube looks pretty gnarly. I dig it. The whipped
cream hot chocolate looked nice but it really can't compare to my
diarrhea on rice. Mmmmmm. But seriously that diarrhea is the staple
food here. It's called cassava leaf. It's not like amazing but I've
definitely grown to like the stuff. I definitely don't prefer it over
a nice big hamburger though. Man... Anyway, I hope you told Bertha not
to worry, I'll come pay her a visit in the future!

Sierra Leone is pretty naingo (sweet in Mende). It's currently pouring
rain outside as a constant reminder that rainy season is well
underway. I like rainy season though. The sun isn't out and the
weather is generally pretty cool. I've also whipped the rain boots
back out. So that's always exciting. I feel like it makes missionary
work just that much more hardcore. The week itself was pretty cool. I
gave a talk in church last Sunday about missionary work. It went well.
I think some people had no idea what I was saying (I always speak
English in church) but many of them did and we got some sweet
referrals. So that's always good. This last week we also got to travel
to Bo! We had a meeting with the missionaries there and so the 6 of us
piled into a taxi and took off to Bo. The meeting was insanely long
but afterwards we went to this restaurant where they sell amazing
American food! They have hamburgers (well, goat burgers) and they were
super big and delicious and MAN. So wonderful. I definitely enjoyed. I
should have taken a picture but I didn't think about it until after I
had eaten the whole thing. So I guess it just means I'll have to go
back. The last week in Kenema was exciting because I went on some
exchanges with the Elders in the district. Basically I just switched
companions for a day and so I got to see what the other two areas in
Kenema look like. It was super cool. Kenema is definitely my favorite
place I've been so far. It's a small town in the middle of nowhere and
the people are just happy and willing and we've been doing a lot of
good work here. I think that people are just a lot less stressed out
and happier here than in Freetown because they actually have room to
breathe and do their own thing. Anyway, I'm really pressed for time so
I have to go! I love all of you very much and will talk next week.
Enjoy the pictures!

Love,
Elder Stewart








No comments:

Post a Comment