Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Water Bills, Hot Drinks & Things Falling into Place

Hello family,

I'm glad to hear Wisconsin is doing so well! Needless to say I'm very jealous and can't wait to feast on some Al Johnson's again! I'll be excited to meet the new boat as well. I always seem to form such deep bonds with those things. It's hard to explain. Oh, real quick- Lexi Hayob, if you ever look at the blog for the mission you might see me holding up a package that looks mighty familiar. So yes, no worries. The package has arrived. THANK YOU. I already ate all the Oreos. Keep your eyes on the mail.

Anyway, my exciting highlight of the week was that I got to pay water bills! It was so wonderful. I hated it. Shouldn't water be free? I guess it's cool though. Teaching me how to manage money and be responsible and stuff. So I can't really complain about that. Also you know how the word of wisdom talks about hot drinks? One guy asked us if you waited for the drink to become cold if it was okay. That was pretty funny. So fun story for the week. Actually this happened on my birthday but I forgot to talk about it. So when I was in Hill Station, Elder Symons and I contacted a man and went and sat down with him one time. We had a crazy sweet lesson with him and he kept talking about how he was searching for the way to go to heaven. He had decided for the time being that the muslim religion was the way to go for now, but he wasn't convinced. He had such a great desire to learn and said he has been praying to find that direction. It was soon after that when he had first met us. As we were beginning to conclude our lesson he told us that he would be traveling for work and wouldn't be in Freetown anymore. He said he was going to Kailhun District, which is the district that borders Kenema District (they use "districts" instead of "states"). He said he would be going into Kenema every once and a while so we gave his number to the Elders in Kenema and gave him a Book of Mormon and some pamphlets about the restoration and left it at that. Then as we know, about a month later Elder Stewart was transferred to Kenema. About a week and a half or so ago, Elder Symons ran into him back in Freetown and let him know that I was now here. He gave him my number and on my birthday I met up with this man again. Where he is working currently the church is not there and there are no missionaries there at all. However, he said that there is a member of the church there who served a mission in Kenya and has been talking about the church. He told us he had been praying and reading from the Book of Mormon and had come to know for himself that the church is true. It's pretty remarkable how things fell into place so perfectly. He comes to Kenema every two weeks so I'll be able to see him one one time. We'll see how everything goes though. I know that the Lord definitely has his hand in all things. My time is up now so I have to go. I miss and love you all!

Love,
Elder Stewart

PS- Lauren Foley, Happy Birthday!

PSS- those people were eating a giant cat fish. I feel like it would be a nice picture for a family chirstmas card.








No comments:

Post a Comment