Monday, April 9, 2012

Getting a little Fat, A New Companion & An Easter Cantata

Hello Family!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How's the week? Everything is just going well here. As you can see I am definitely eating plenty of food here. I've even begun to get a little fat. It's pretty embarrassing. I didn't think I could get fat. I guess it's that time of life. Oh man. Yeah President and Sister Roggia are really great people so we enjoy them very much. 

So yeah, transfer news came last weekend and the news is............................. Elder Asiedu has been transferred to Waterloo! So yeah that means I'm getting a new companion. And his name is.................Elder Symmons! Does that name sound familiar at all? Well, it shouldn't because he's coming to me straight from the MTC. Yup, I'm training again. I was pretty surprised when I got the news, but excited nonetheless. It'll be a good opportunity to learn and do all that fun cliche missionary stuff. He comes Tuesday night and we'll begin proselyting on Wednesday. So next week we'll get a picture for you all.

Good to hear everything went well for Easter! I always enjoy getting pictures from you guys as well, so feel free to send those! Also, yes, I got my package in time. Everyone was like "WHAT THE HECK?!?! YOU GET PACKAGES EVERY WEEK!!!" So yeah, you're doing a great job and I appreciate every single one! So thank you!

This week was a really good one and the highlight of the week was this past Saturday. First off we had a baptism for one brother (I forgot my camera so there's no picture... I'll get a picture with the guy at some time.. Haha. After that we had an Easter Cantata program for the members here. What a Cantata is is a mixture of acting, videos, pictures, and singing. Well the acting is more like reading scriptures arranged to move along a story in a theatrical voice. Yes, I was one of the "actors." So all those years of acting in high school finally paid off. Haha. It was a very great program and I think it helped a lot of people come closer to the Savior. Everything was very spiritual and we learned a lot about the Savior. We played video clips from those new ones the Church put out a while ago. Man they are sooooooooooo good. You should post a link on the blog if you can find it. They're crazy good cinematography too. I tell you. Anyway, we also played football (soccer) against some of the men from one of the branches. It was a nice rocky, uneven dirt field and we had a pretty intense match. We ended up losing 5-4, but I scored 3 so I felt pretty good about it. The problem with missionaries is we always get tired at the end and get scored on a bunch. We were winning for most of the game. Ah well. Anyway, everything is going well. Not too much to  report. I love you all and hope everything continues to go well!

Love,
Elder Stewart

 A nice fish Elder Asiedu bought from the market.
 The stuff on the left is called eba. You make a ball with your hands, dip it in the stew, and swallow it without chewing. It's not too bad.
 After district meeting we went to this sweet restaurant that was an all you can eat buffet for different types of rice.
 
 I tell you, when you serve in Freetown West Zone, you enjoy like naaaaahhhhhhting.
 Some members invited us for Easter Dinner. As you can see, we ate A LOT. People 'here like to EAT when it comes to holidays. I like it when they share their food with us. It's pretty great. 

No comments:

Post a Comment